Thank to the amazing and lovely people of lj, I have fifteen translations of the twenty-five I am aiming for!
- (I'll write up desc or make video at some point)
- Brazilian Portugese
- Não toque em mim! Meu cabelo está venenoso!
- "Raak me niet aan! Mijn haar is giftig!"
- Finnish (two versions)
- älä koske minua! hiukseni on myrkyllinen!
Okay, here is some very rough guidance how to say the sentence in Finnish...
As examples I've used English words and wnb-words, and a little bit of French, since you're studying it. Now just pronounce the examples as you would in English/French. Hope it helps! :)
Don't touch me! (English)
Älä koske minuun! (Finnish)
À la cause que me noon (how to pronounce it)
[Both A's with dots are pronounced as the 'A' in the word 'cAt', for example]
My hair is poisonous! (English)
Hiukseni ovat myrkylliset! (Finnish)
Hugh xen-ee Oh what mew-r-kew Liz said (how to pronounce it)
[Finnish has the same kind of 'rolling r' as in Spanish]
- "Ne me touchez pas! Mes cheveux sont toxique!"
- Gaeilge (Irish Gaelic)
- Ná leag lámh orm! Tá mo chuid gruaige nimhiúil!
(/na: l'ag la:v or@m/ /ta: m@ xid' gru@g'@ n'iv'u:l'/)
/a/ = bat /a:/ = far /@/ = about /i/ = sit
/o/ = son /u/ = book /u:/ = who /x/ = German
Bach /l'/ = /ly/ (as in live) /d'/ = /dy/ (no English
example) /g'/ = /gy/ (as in gay or egg) /n'/ =
canyon /v'/ = /vy/ (as in very)
- Informal: "Fass mich nicht an! Meine Haare sind giftig!" Formal: "Fassen sie mich nicht an! Meine Haare sind giftig!"
- ne érints! a hajam mérges!
- "kami no ke ni doku ga aru kara, sawaranaide!" is probably the most natural sounding thing if you are to scream it aloud, but it is more just "(my) hair is poisonous, don't touch!"
If you have to be explicit about emphasizing "me," (to be absolutely sure it's not only the hair, don't touch me) you can add "watashi ni" like:
"kami no ke ni doku ga kara, watashi ni sawaranaide!"
Works for either sex. If you're a boy, you can say boku ni, instead of watasi ni, so
"kami no ke ni doku ga aru kara, boku ni sawaranaide!"
- "Nepieskaries man! Mani mati ir indīgi."
Nepieskaries' is sing., 'nepieskarieties' is both plural
and a polite way of addressing someone.
- "Ikke rør meg! Håret mitt er giftig!"
- nie dotykaj mnie! moje włosy są trujące!
- Nu m-atingeţi! Părul meu este toxic!
- Не прикасайтесь ко мне! Мои волосы ядовиты!
- Formal: ¡No me toque! ¡Mi pelo es venenoso! Informal: ¡No me toques! ¡Mi pelo es venenoso!
- Dokunma bana! Saçım zehirli! (All "o"s as in "official", "a"s as in "mar", ı with no dot sounds sort of like the last vowel in "council", "e"s as in "bent," and "i"s as in "drill". "ç" is "ch" as in "chart". Syllables: Do-kun-ma ba-na! Sa-çım ze-hir-li!)